Best Online Baccarat USA Guide 2020
Baccarat is one of the oldest casino card games that adore high rollers and James Bond. In the original offline game, the player plays against another player, and in the modern version of baccarat in an online casino, the game occurs more often against the dealer (casino).
The goal of the game is to score as many points as possible close to 9 using 2 or 3 cards. It is impossible to sort out points in the game, as in blackjack – according to the rules, if you score 10 or more points, then the first digit is removed (or you can subtract 10) and the resulting figure participates in the game.
This month’s #1 USA Online Baccarat Casino
Currently, online casinos usually play the modern version of baccarat, it is also called punto banco or mini baccarat. The game is played with the dealer and in the rules of this game there are precisely regulated conditions when the 3rd card is taken (historically, in the original baccarat, the players themselves decided whether to take this card or not).
Baccarat does not belong to the most played casino games and not in all US online casinos you can find it for the game. Therefore, we conducted an analysis of all licensed sites and collected a list of those online casinos where there is the opportunity to play baccarat, and also told which casinos provide the minimum and maximum bets on baccarat and live dealer, in which casino there is a practical play and quick for beginners.
Best Online Baccarat Casinos
|1||$3,000 Casino Welcome BonusT & C Apply||VisitReview|
|2||500% Welcome Bonus Up to $5,000T & C Apply||VisitReview|
|3||300% Welcome Bonus Up to $9,000T & C Apply||VisitReview|
|4||200% Welcome Bonus Up to $20,000T & C Apply||VisitReview|
|5||$1,500 Welcome BonusT & C Apply||VisitReview|
|6||$5,000 Welcome BonusT & C Apply||VisitReview|
|7||250% Welcome Bonus Up to $2,500T & C Apply||VisitReview|
|8||200% Welcome BonusT & C Apply||VisitReview|
|9||200% Welcome Bonus Up to $10,000T & C Apply||VisitReview|
|10||330% Bonus Up to $3300 + 50 Free SpinsT & C Apply||VisitReview|
Choose a relevant part of our Online Baccarat Guide
- Baccarat rules: general rules, how to win, wagers and payouts, hand rankings, button descriptions
- How to find Baccarat in an online casino: Online Baccarat and Live Dealer
- Best Live Dealers Baccarat Casinos
- Types of Baccarat
- Baccarat Secrets and Game Strategies
- History of Baccarat
General game rules
Despite the prestige surrounding the game, it’s quite simple. The game uses six decks of cards which are reshuffled after each hand and pits the player against the banker. You can bet bet on one of three random outcomes: a Banker win, a Player win or a Tie or a combination of all three. You’re betting on who you think will have a hand closer to nine – the best possible score. The hand with the highest total wins.
Who will get a higher score: the Banker or the Player? Or maybe they’ll tie for a 9-1 payout. The result of each round is visually represented with color-coded beads at the side of the screen, so you can quickly see who’s been dominant and adjust your bets accordingly.
- The Player plays first.
- If the total of the Player’s hand is between zero and 5, draw another card.
- If the total of the Banker’s hand is 7, 8 or 9, a new card is not drawn. If the total is zero, 1 or 2, the Banker draws another card. If the hand total is between 3 and 6, the Banker draws a card as follows:
How to win
There are two ways to win:
- You must pick the hand with the highest total.
- You picked a Tie to win and there is a tie.
Wagers and Payouts
- Player pays 1-1. You bet on the Player and the hand wins, you win what you bet. A $5 bet pays back your $5, plus an additional $5.
- Banker pays 1-1 minus a 5% commission.* If you bet on the Banker and the hand wins, you win your bet minus a 5% commission. For example, a $5 bet pays back $5, plus an additional $4.75.
- If you wager on a Tie and there is in fact a tie, you’ll receive a 9-1 payout. You bet on a Tie and if the Tie wins, you get nine times your bet. A $5 bet pays back $5, plus an additional $45.
*The commission is 5% of the bet and is rounded up to the next quarter. For example, a minimum bet of $6 would deduct a $0.50 commission. 5% of $6 = 30 cents, but since the commission is rounded up to the next 25 cents; the commission is actually 50 cents. 5% of $11 = $0.55 makes the actual commission $0.75.
- The suit of a card has no bearing or value.
- Cards numbered from 2 to 9 have face value.
- 10’s, jacks, queens, and kings are worth zero.
- Aces have a value of 1.
- Add the values of each card in the hand, dropping the tens place value to find the score.
- For example, 7 + 7 = 14 results in a value of 4 when you drop the tens place value (the number 1 in 14).
- Bet – Choose Player, Banker or Tie. Click on the chips at the bottom right to bet them. To deselect chips, click on them in the betting area.
- Deal – Used to start the game after you have placed your bet.
How to find baccarat in an online casino
Looking for Online Baccarat
In the famous Bodog group of American online casinos – CafeCasino, Slots.lv, Bovada, Ignition there are 2 online games – baccarat and classic baccarat, as well as the option of playing at a table at a live dealer (except CafeCasino).
The online games Baccarat and Classic Bacarat are easy to find – through the selection of the Table Games heading in the lobby or through the search for games.
We analyzed the description, rules and conditions of both games and realized that the difference between them is only in design and sound – a classic game resembles a game at an old-fashioned table in an offline casino. The game is played with 6 decks, reshafld after each round, the standard game rules are used, which we listed above in the article and which you will also see them before the game starts.
If you do not want to read them, you can use the visual Quick Tour for the game, it is available in Baccarat in SlotsLV, Bovada, Ignition, but not in CafeCasino.
But it is better if you try PracticePlay – there you will understand the rules of the game much faster and begin to enjoy the game process. It is available at SlotsLV and at CafeCasino. In Bovada and Ignition baccarat can only be played immediately for real money. The minimum bet is $ 1, the maximum is $ 500.
In another group of American online casinos, Cherry Jackpot, Roaring21, CasinoMax also has baccarat. It can be found by searching for games in the lobby:
Unfortunately, in these online casinos there is no “Practice Play”, QuickTour option, and the rules do not say how many decks the game is played. There are no tables with live dealers in these online casinos.
How to find baccarat with a live dealer
Live dealers can sometimes also be found through a search in the SlotsLV lobby:
If in the search such a game does not drop out, then open the corresponding section of Live dealers on the online casino website and look for the game there:
A game with a live dealer is available in Bovada, Ignition, SlotsLV, they are not in Cafe Casino.
The minimum bet in the game with a live dealer is $ 5, and the maximum is $ 5000!
The most realistic game – the RNG is not used here, the game is played offline – in the studio of the developer of online games or in a real casino. The dealer streams the process to the webcam. Highrollers usually choose live dealers for the game – here you can play up to 5000 per bet and the game in real time is considered more prestigious than the online game.
Best Live Dealers Baccarat Casinos
Types of Baccarat
In general, there are many types of baccarat:
- Punto Banco
- Ez Baccarat
- Punto2000 / Super6
- Chemin De Fer
- Baccarat Banque
But only the most popular types of baccarat are represented in USA online casinos – Standard Baccarat (it can be also called Punto Banco) and Super 6.
There are a few key differences between baccarat and Super 6, including the payout structure and the addition of five side bets.
- You can bet on the Banker, the Player, the Tie, or any combination of the three. You’re betting on who you think will have the higher score at the end of the round. This is a hands-off game that plays out systematically. The only decision you make is where to place your bets.
- After bets have been placed, the Dealer will place two cards face up for the Player and then two cards face up for the Banker. If either side has a total score of 8 or a 9, the hand is a Natural and an automatic win. If not, a third card may be drawn according to a set of rules.
- The Player makes the first move, taking a third card when his total is 5 or less. If the total is a 6 or 7, the Player doesn’t draw another card. As mentioned, totals above 7 are a Natural and win automatically.
- The Banker acts second and bases his actions on the Player’s hand, giving the Banker a positional advantage. If the Player doesn’t draw any more cards (he has a score of 6 or better), the Banker:
- Stands on a score of 6
- Draws on a score of 5 or less
- The Banker’s actions become complex when the Player draws a third card. That’s because both the Player’s third card and the Banker’s total score dictate the Banker’s move. To find out when the Banker draws another card in these scenarios, consult with the chart below.
Baccarat Secrets and Game Strategies
- The smallest casino advantage among all casino games is 1.06% when betting on a casino win.
- If you bet on the win of the casino, then the probability of winning is not much higher: the advantage of the casino for betting on the bank is 1.06%, while for betting on a player it is 1.24%, and on a draw – 14%.
- The player does not make decisions during the game, such as blackjack – everything is determined by pure chance, do not try to find a winning strategy.
- The chances of winning also depend on the size of the commission from the bet on the banker. Choose games with a commission below 4%.
- The history of the rounds is recorded.
- The fewer decks used in baccarat, the greater your chances of winning. Most often, eight decks are used for distribution, however, if you search well, you can find six baccarats in the online casino.
The history of baccarat
Nobody knows exactly when and where baccarat was born, the fact that the same game had different names in different countries – in France, chemin de fer (chemmy), in Spain – punto banko, nine, macao, adds to the difficulties. In old Italian and French, zero is baccarat, so Italy is considered the most common version of the origin of the name, and Italian Felix Felguire is its inventor. Initially, in the Middle Ages, tarot cards were used to play baccarat. According to legend, the Etruscans had a tradition of determining the fate of virgins by throwing a dice on which there are marks from 1 to 9. If 8 or 9 fell out – the virgin became a priestess, 6 or 7 – she did not have the right to participate in religious rites, and if less than 6 – She was destined to drown in the sea. It was this story that became the basis for the creation of the Felguire game.
When the 15th century, the game appeared in France and for a long time was a way of entertainment among aristocrats. And then to Asia – nine, macao. Now also many high rollers love to play it at high stakes, although online casinos allow you to play at low stakes.